1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup nonfat milk
2 tablespoons butter, cut up
1/3 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
1 large egg
1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed yellow corn kernels
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Heat milk and butter just until butter melts.
4. Whisk in Lighter Bake and egg. Pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with corn kernels. Stir just until blended.
5. Pour batter into 9-inch round or 8-inch square pan coated with nonstick spray.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings.