1 cup herb seasoned croutons
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup peeled, cored and shopped Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (plus additional for topping chicken if desired)
12 Sunsweet Pitted Prunes, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place croutons in a medium bowl and pour stock over top; let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet.
4. Add apple and onion; cook ovre medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until very soft.
5. Add apple mixture, walnuts, rosemary and prunes to croutons and mix well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Cut a slit in each chicken breast to form a large pocket.
7. Fill with stuffing mixture and transfer to prepared baking dish; season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
8. Cook for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
Makes 4 servings.