1 large slab pork ribs (about 4 pounds)
1 cup Sunsweet Pitted Prunes
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 to 3 canned chipotle chile peppers and 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can
Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 1/2 hrs. total
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place ribs in a large shallow baking pan; add 1 inch of water to pan; cover tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except cilantro in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender or food processor.
5. Return to saucepan and cook until fairly thick.
6. Remove foil from ribs and drain water.
7. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes, basting liberally with sauce several times.
Serve ribs with extra sauce and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.