2 tablespoons butter
1 beef tenderloin roast, about 2 lbs.
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups beef stock
3/4 cup Sunsweet Prune Juice
6 tablespoons ruby port
Chopped fresh rosemary
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 30-35 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees; melt butter in a large skillet.
2. Season beef with salt and pepper and add to skillet; cook over medium-high heat to sear well on all sides.
3. Remove from skillet and transfer to a shallow baking dish.
4. Cook for about 30 to 35 minutes or until beef reaches 135 degrees on a meat thermometer for medium rare; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Meanwhile, add stock, prune juice and port to skillet and cook over high heat for 20-25 minutes or until mixture has reduced to a fairly thick glaze.
6. Sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary and serve with glaze.
Makes 4 servings.