1/2 cup Walnuts, lightly toasted
1/2 cup Hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1/2 tsp Salt
4 oz Bittersweet chocolate
2 each Egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 cup Sugar
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
3/4 cup Plum Amazins™
1. In a food processor, grind the walnuts, hazelnuts, and salt into a coarse meal. (Do not over process.)
2. Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, ensuring that the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Alternatively, microwave the chocolate at half power for about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
3. Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar until the whites hold stiff peaks when the whisk is removed from the bowl, about 2 minutes. Gently fold the chocolate and nuts into the egg whites until the batter is uniform, then fold in the Plum Amazins.
5. Using a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop or a spoon, portion the batter onto the prepared pans (Each cookie will weigh about 35 grams.). Bake until firm on the outside but still soft in the center, about 12 minutes.
Makes about 13 cookies