1 1/2 cups Plum Amazins™
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 and 1/2 cups Almond meal
2/3 cup Demerara sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 each Large eggs
3 oz Unsalted butter, melted, cooled slightly
1/2 cup Bittersweet chocolate, chopped (optional)
1 cup Dried unsweetened flaked coconut
1. In a bowl, soak the Plum Amazins in warm tap water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Return the Plum Amazins to the bowl and toss in the vanilla.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the butter. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the Plum Amazins, chocolate (if using), and coconut. Refrigerate the cookie dough at least 1 hour or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Using a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop, portion the chilled dough into 24 cookies, each about 35 grams. Line the scoops on the prepared baking sheet and press down on the tops to slightly flatten. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets once, or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on the baking sheets before serving.
Makes 24 cookies