1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
1/3 cup Kamut flour
1/3 cup Whole-wheat flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Sunsweet® Prune Purée
1/4 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup Brown sugar
1 each Large egg
2 Tbsp Molasses
About 1/2 cup demerara sugar for rolling cookies
1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz) Pitted dried plums
6 Tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In food processor, process dried plums and water until puréed.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat together the prune purée, butter, and brown sugar. Add the egg and beat until the batter is slightly frothy, about 1 minute. Beat in the molasses. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three installments. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour or overnight. The dough might expand while it chills.
4. Using an oiled ice-cream scooper, form the cookie dough into 25 gram /1 1/2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough. Roll the top of the balls in the demerara sugar and then place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press the balls to slightly flatten.
5. Bake the cookies in the center of the oven until the tops are crinkled and edges are set, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 27 cookies