1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup sunsweet Lighter Bake
3 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup raspberry all-fruit preserves
1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
2 cups crushed, fresh raspberries or unsweetened, frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
2 cups non-dairy whipped topping
1 1/2 cups fresh whole raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 15 x 10-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, combine water, Lighter Bake, egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
3. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir in sugar.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing well.
5. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pick inserted into centr comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack.
To assembly cake; remove cake from pan and cut in half to make two 10 x 7 1/2- inch pieces. Split each half horizontally with a serrated knife to create a total of four layers. Mix raspberry preserves with liqueur. Spread 1/3 of this mixture evenly over one of the cake layers. Top preserve mixture with 1 cup of the crushed raspberries, spreading evenly. Place fourth (last) cake layer on top and press down firmly. Cover cake and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
To serve; cut cake into 15 (3 x 5-inch) rectangular slices. Top each slice of cake with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and a sprinkling of the whole berries.
Makes 15 servings.