1 1/2 cup Whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup Unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Instant espresso powder
1/4 cup Sunsweet® Prune Purée
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Cold water
1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz) Pitted dried plums
6 Tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan.
2. In food processor, process dried plums and water until puréed.
3. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the prune purée, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the flour until a crumbly batter forms. Pour water over the top and stir completely to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 1 (8 by 4-inch) loaf or 2 (4 by 2-inch) mini loaves