4 oz. wholemeal flour
4 oz. self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 oz. light brown soft sugar
4 oz. butter or margarine
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs (if making a double quantity, 3 eggs is sufficient)
1 lb. fresh, ripe plums
Cook time: 45 minutes (shallow tin). Most preferred.
1 - 1 1/14 hours (loaf tin or deep cake tin)
1. Mix, by hand or food processor, butter, baking powder and sugar until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Beat eggs and mix in along with honey.
3. Halve and stone the plums.
4. Reserve 8 half-plums and cut into neat slices.
5. Chop remaining plums and mix into cake mixture.
6. Put cake mixture into greased, lined loaf tin or cake tin (approx. 6"
diameter), or a shallow baking tin (approx. 7" diameter) square.
7. Level the top and arrange the reserved plu slices in an attractive pattern on top of the cake.
8. Bake for 45 minutes (shallow) or 1 - 1 1/4 hrs. (loaf tin or deep cake tin), until cake is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
9. Cool on wire rack before removing from tin.
Can be frozen
Cut into 12 squares.