4 oz. sweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 egg whites
1/3 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & coat 8 in. baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. Microwave chocolate on high for 2 minutes, stir and microwave an additional 1/2 to 1 minute until melted, stir until smooth.
3. Combine sugar, egg whites, Lighter Bake, vanilla and melted chocolate, mix to blend thoroughly.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into Lighter Bake mixture.
5. Stir in half of the chopped walnuts
6. Spread batter in prepared pan and sprinkle top with remaining walnuts.
7. Bake 35-40 minutes until edges are springy to the touch.
Cool completely on the rack
Cut into squares with a sharp knife that has been slightly oiled or sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
Makes 16 brownies.