2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
1/4 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
3 tablespoons butter, cut up
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together flour, soda, ginger and cinnamon; set aside.
3. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, Lighter Bake and butter; beat with mixer until light and creamy; beat in egg and molasses.
4. Stir dry ingredients into Lighter Bake mixture until blended.
5. Cover and chill until firm.
6. Drop one-tablespoon portions of dough, 2 inches apart, onto large baking sheet(s) coated with nonstick spray.
7. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Cool cookies for 2 minutes on sheet; remove from sheet to wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.