1/3 cup + 1/8 cup Sunsweet® Prune Purée
1 cup (2 each) Bananas, mashed
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup Brown sugar
2 each Large eggs
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Whole-wheat pastry flour
1/8 cup Millet seeds
1 Tbsp Golden flax seed meal
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz) Pitted dried plums
6 Tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan.
2. In food processor, process dried plums and water until puréed.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the prune purée and bananas. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and oil until incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, millet, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add the prune blend and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 1 (8 by 4-inch) loaf