1 cup Plum Amazins™
2 cups Whole-wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
3/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
3/4 cup Pumpkin purée
2 each Eggs, large
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/4 cup Sunsweet® Prune Purée
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
3 Tbsp Unsalted butter, cubed, chilled
1/2 cup Whole-wheat pastry flour
3 Tbsp Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
Sunsweet Prune Purée:
1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz) Pitted dried plums
6 Tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat an oven to 400°F. Oil 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. Soak the Plum Amazins in water from the tap for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
4. In food processor, process dried plums and water until puréed.
5. In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, eggs, buttermilk, prune purée, and oil. Mix into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the Plum Amazins.
6. Fill the prepared muffin cups just below the rim. (Each muffin will have about 90 grams of batter.) Bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin cups and cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins