1/2 cup Plum Amazins™
2 oz (1/4 cup) Unsalted butter
2 cups Rolled oats
1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup Flaxseed meal
1/8 cup Sesame seeds
1/2 cup Honey
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 325°F. Oil a 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
2. Pour water from the tap over the Plum Amazins to cover and let them soak for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the butter in a straight-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oats coconut, flaxseed meal, and sesame seeds and stir frequently until the oats have deepened to a light amber color, about 6 minutes. If the oats start to darken too quickly at the edges, lower the heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. In a small pot, bring the honey, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken the syrup. Pour the syrup over the oats. Stir in the Plum Amazins. Using a spatula, thoroughly mix the ingredients so that the oats are evenly coated in the syrup.
5. Press the oats evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the top is a deep golden brown, 20 to 24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Unmold onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Cut into 12 bars or 16 squares.
Makes 12 bars or 16 squares