1 cup Plum Amazins™
1/3 cup Dried sour cherries, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1/3 cup Kamut flour
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Brown sugar
2 each Eggs, large
1/3 cup Unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup Sunsweet® Prune Purée
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Coarse sugar (such as demerara) for dusting
1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz) Pitted dried plums
6 Tbsp Hot water
1. Preheat an oven to 400°F. Oil 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. Soak the Plum Amazins and sour cherries in warm tap water for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In food processor, process dried plums and water until puréed.
5. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sugar, eggs, butter, prune purée, and vanilla. Mix the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the Plum Amazins, cherries, and chocolate chunks.
6. Fill the prepared muffin cups just below the rim. (Each muffin will have about 85 grams of batter.) Sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the muffin cups and cool completely.
Makes 1 (8 by 4-inch) loaf or 2 (4 by 2-inch) mini loaves
Makes 12 muffins