Reach for Sunsweet ones, the ultimate Super Fruit
(January 16, 2009) - It's no secret that the economic landscape is changing the way we think, shop and eat. But, are you willing to sacrifice your well being and that of your family? If you're anything like other consumers in a recent nationwide study conducted by Tootelian Associates, you will continue consuming nutritious, convenient and all-natural snacks. There are many healthy snacks on the market, as well as many grab-and-go options, but Sunsweet Ones™, individually wrapped prunes, provide the best of both worlds.
As creatures of habit, it is often hard to create new diet regimens for ourselves. That's why Sunsweet teamed up with registered dietitians Cheryl Forberg, RD and Carolyn O'Neil, MS, RD to provide tips and tools toward building a healthier you in 2009. Sunsweet has dedicated www.SunsweetSwap.com to feature new tips and resources from Forberg and O'Neil for healthy snacking in the new year. At www.SunsweetSwap.com, you will learn the benefits of the increasingly popular Super Fruit, Ones, individually wrapped prunes. SunsweetSwap.com allows you to compare what you gain in vitamins and minerals (and lose in fat and calories) when you swap out your current convenient snack for Ones. While on the Sunsweet Swap, you can also take the Swap Quiz to test your healthy snacking IQ.
In today's tough economic times, it's hard to not be focused on the mighty dollar, but according to the December 2008 Tootelian & Associates study, other Americans are keeping nutrition and convenience top priorities during tough economic times. Find out if you share similar ideas based on these findings:
- More than four in five consumers believe it is best to purchase more nutritional snacks versus candy, chips, and popcorn during difficult times.
- Greater than two-thirds of consumers think it is better to purchase shelf-stable products that will keep longer and thereby reduce the risk of waste due to spoilage.
- Nutrition will be a priority in purchase decisions among more than two-thirds of the consumers.
- More than four in five consumers indicated they are likely to purchase foods both nutritious and convenient during difficult economic times.
- Greater than two-thirds of the consumers indicated they are willing to pay more for foods that are both nutritious and convenient.
- Virtually all consumers believe it would be good to incorporate more all-natural foods in their diets in 2009.
"Even when you are watching your pocket book, you want to make smart and nutritious decisions when it comes to snacking," said Forberg. "Sunsweet products, such as Ones, are a great choice when you want a convenient snack and a good value."
Because they are individually wrapped, Sunsweet Ones are the ultimate convenient snack. The unique cylinder container fits perfectly in your desk drawer, gym bag, even a cup holder in the car, making it even easier to snack while on the go. So, if you're like other Americans that were surveyed, continue snacking on your favorite healthy snacks.
Sunsweet Ones are currently available in the dried fruit or produce sections at major retailers nationwide. For more information about Sunsweet Ones and the Sunsweet Swap please visit www.SunsweetSwap.com.